Happy National Apprenticeship Week! Seth Mordick is in his final year of our apprenticeship program and is looking forward to what’s next. Thank you for choosing G.J. Hopkins, Seth.
“I’m in my fourth year of the G.J. Hopkins Apprenticeship Program. I was interested in the trades because I enjoy working with my hands, and I knew they provided job security. The program is good, and now all of the classes are online, which is great. After I finish my apprenticeship, I’d like to study for my master card and work toward the goal of becoming a superintendent.”
Seth Mordick – Plumbing
About the G.J. Hopkins Apprenticeship Program
Get paid to learn a trade! We start with a base level of pay and increase your rate $1.00 per hour each year that you successfully complete the necessary apprenticeship courses and hours of OTJ training. Grow with us! Apply today at gjhopkins.com/careers.
What we promise
G.J.Hopkins offers a full Apprenticeship Program for those interested in a career in trades, starting as early as age 16+. We provide you with:
- The online classroom training program
- The tools and materials needed for you to succeed
- The on-the-job (OTJ) training hours required to obtain your Journeyman’s license
- The opportunity to earn while you learn
- Growth opportunity based on your performance, knowledge, and experience (year over year)
- The flexibility to work around your schedule
- A long term future career opportunity in a booming industry of trades!
What we expect
G.J.Hopkins is an elite MEP Company that strives for growth and success year over year. To meet our goals, we need tradesmen and women that are interested in learning about what we do and how we do it!
- Each apprentice must complete a minimum of 16 hours of virtual classroom work per month. (Each apprentice must complete a minimum of 144 hours of related instruction (RI) per year.)
- We expect each apprentice to apply themselves when working on-site or in the virtual classroom.
- We require clear communication with concerns to scheduling, attendance, and absenteeism.
- Each apprentice must maintain an 80% passing grade or above for all four years.
- We require that the apprentice stays with the company