We love sharing stories about people like Chris Smith during National Apprenticeship Week. He completed our apprenticeship program, worked hard to become a master electrician, and is now G.J. Hopkins’ Electrical Special Projects Supervisor. Thank you for your hard work, Chris!
“I applied to G.J. Hopkins’ Apprenticeship Program after I graduated from Hidden Valley High School in 2008. I’ve always been a hands-on person, so the trades seemed like a natural fit. I was able to spend a lot of time in the field, and the classroom hours weren’t bad. There’s not really a whole lot to lose and everything to gain by enrolling in the program. Now high school kids can start their apprenticeship before they graduate and could potentially have their journeyman card by 20, which is a big deal.”
Chris Smith, Electrical Special Projects Supervisor
About the G.J. Hopkins Apprenticeship Program
Get paid to learn a trade! We start with a base level of pay and increase your rate $1.00 per hour each year that you successfully complete the necessary apprenticeship courses and hours of OTJ training. Grow with us! Apply today at gjhopkins.com/careers.
What we promise
G.J. Hopkins offers a full Apprenticeship Program for those interested in a career in trades, starting as early as age 16+. We provide you with:
- The online classroom training program
- The tools and materials needed for you to succeed
- The on-the-job (OTJ) training hours required to obtain your Journeyman’s license
- The opportunity to earn while you learn
- Growth opportunity based on your performance, knowledge, and experience (year over year)
- The flexibility to work around your schedule
- A long term future career opportunity in a booming industry of trades!
What we expect
G.J. Hopkins is an elite MEP Company that strives for growth and success year over year. To meet our goals, we need tradesmen and women that are interested in learning about what we do and how we do it!
- Each apprentice must complete a minimum of 16 hours of virtual classroom work per month. (Each apprentice must complete a minimum of 144 hours of related instruction (RI) per year.)
- We expect each apprentice to apply themselves when working on-site or in the virtual classroom.
- We require clear communication in concerns about scheduling, attendance, and absenteeism.
- Each apprentice must maintain an 80% passing grade or above for all four years.
- We require that the apprentice stays with the company