In honor of National Apprenticeship Week, we would like to recognize our apprentices. Garrett Belcher didn’t think college was for him and loves moving around, so he enrolled in our Student Apprenticeship Program. He looks forward to completing the program and continuing to explore the electrical field. Keep up the good work, Garrett! “I learned about G.J. Hopkins’ Student Apprenticeship Program through a job fair at my school. I’ve always been curious about how electricity moved through buildings and enrolled in the electrical program in July. I worked full time over the summer, and now that I’m back in school, I work half days on my B days. If college isn’t what you want to do, this is a great opportunity, and I would highly encourage anyone to join the apprenticeship program.” Garrett Belcher – 11th grade, Student Apprentice
About the G.J. Hopkins Student Apprenticeship ProgramGet paid to learn a trade! We start with a base level of pay and increase your rate $1.00 per hour each year that you successfully complete the necessary apprenticeship courses and hours of OTJ training. Grow with us! Apply today at gjhopkins.com/careers.
What we promiseG.J.Hopkins offers a full Apprenticeship Program for those interested in a career in trades, starting as early as age 16+. We provide you with:
- The online classroom training program
- The tools and materials needed for you to succeed
- The on-the-job (OTJ) training hours required to obtain your Journeyman’s license
- The opportunity to earn while you learn
- Growth opportunity based on your performance, knowledge, and experience (year over year)
- The flexibility to work around your school schedule
- A long term future career opportunity in a booming industry of trades!
What we expectG.J.Hopkins is an elite MEP Company that strives for growth and success year over year. To meet our goals, we need tradesmen and women that are interested in learning about what we do and how we do it!
- We expect each of our student apprentices to continue to succeed and complete his/her high school education
- We expect each apprentice to apply themselves when working on-site or in the virtual classroom
- We require clear communication in concerns to scheduling, attendance, and absenteeism
- We want each apprentice to have the opportunity to learn and grow if they so wish to do so!